Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cupcake Tuesday-Nutella Chocolate with an Olympic Twist

It's that time again!

My favorite day of the week!  It's Cupcake Tuesday!  I still don't know why I love these tiny little goodies so much, but they are for sure my favorite.

This week I made some goodies for the Olympics!  I love the Olympics about as much as I love cupcakes, I'm totally watching diving right now! (How do they do it!)



It's been a good week, bingeing on Olympics, it's so much fun!  So now, back to the cupcakes

These are just a basic chocolate cake with some Nutella cream cheese frosting on them, they are yummy!

Chocolate Cupcakes

makes 24 cupcakes
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/4 cupcakes flour
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt

Preheat oven to 350 and line two muffin pans with liners.

In a medium bowl, whip the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time.  Beat until everything is nice and combined.  Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix until combined.

Add in 1/3 of the flour to the well mixed butter mixture.  When that is just combined add 1/2 of the sour cream.  Repeat.

Add the last of the flour.  Mix until just incorporated making sure to not over mix.  Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure that everything gets mixed in and quickly mix one last time.

Scoop into the muffin tin using a two ounce ice cream scoop (you can use spoons but this is much faster).


(This is the scoop that I use, I just picked it up at the grocery store).

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
2 blocks cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/4 cup Nutella
3-4 cups powdered sugar

In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and the butter with a mixer until it gets a little fluffy, this will take about 2 minutes.

Add in the Nutella and briefly mix until combined.

Now slowly add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, keeping the mixer on low to let it mix in. Once you have the right sweetness, scrape the sides and mix on medium for about 20 seconds to make sure everything is smooth.

Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.


You can stop there and they will be delicious, or you if you are feeling Olympic, which I am :), you can add some decorations!


I just used M&Ms to make the Olympic rings, and then I took toothpicks and printed out little 2x3 flags, a different country for each cupcake!  I really love the way they turned out :).

Enjoy!

Love, 

Keely


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...