Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thoughts on Change

So here's the deal, I don't hate change, change is good.  Moving out of my parents house was good, it was a good change.  Changing positions at work was a good change (hard, but hard doesn't have to mean bad).

However, while that's all fine and dandy, I have a really hard time changing in other ways, like diet and exercise (oh, and spending money).

You see what happens is I always get so excited, I'm going to change EVERYTHING, and I do, and then I fail.  Which is why my new moto is 

And you know why?  Because if I stop eating hamburgers, french fries, ice cream, desserts in general, chips, etc all at once, then I'm going to end up having a HUGE binge after a month or so.  After that binge I will remember that I'm a failure and then give up.  Same goes for working out, I'll do a great job  going five days a week and then miss one day and quit. (On another note, same goes for money, I can't just stop spending, cause then I'll go on a spree, and that's never good).

Small changes, opting for the salad instead of the fries, not as a rule but as a CHOICE.  Doing yoga in my room at 11 at night because I just had to do SOMETHING, a choice, not a rule.

Obviously the end goal is change, healthier eating, more exercise, but I can't do it all at once, I will fail, it's just what happens to me.

Small changes, big results, I can do this!

Love,

Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...